Saturday, September 20, 2008

Wide angle prime lens

I was browsing through dpreview and i saw this topic which is Canon enhances EF series with new EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM fast aperture wide-angle prime lens. Honestly, I didn't know that there is such a prime lens with this sort of shape. Maybe I only know the 50mm prime which is the only lens that I usually talk about. You can't blame me ! I haven't get it right ?

Viewing the picture of the lens, I was shocked to see that it's quite huge. I think I should start looking at more lenses so that I won't be that jakun as I am now. Anyway here's the picture of the lens.

All I can remember about this lens is that it offers fast f/1.4 aperture ( durh) and USM for full time manual focus. Sorry guys. Maybe I was carried away by the huge shape of it.

If any of you guys wanna know more about it, stop by at http://www.dpreview.com/news/0809/08091704canon_ef24mm.asp.

PS : Does anybody knows what does USM stands for ?

pic taken from

http://a.img-dpreview.com/news/0809/canon/slant-without-cap.jpg

No comments: